A regional food, fuel and pharmacy retailer is extending the functionality of its rewards offering.
Pittsburgh-based Giant Eagle Inc., which launched its in-store targeted rewards program called myPerks in November 2020, is now issuing the myPerks Pay Rewards Visa Card in partnership with First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO).
Benefits for card holders include:
- $50 welcome bonus in the form of statement credit upon approval and first purchase.
- 5¢ to 30¢ off per gallon when using myPerks Rewards card to purchase fuel at Giant Eagle GetGo convenience/fuel locations.
- myPerks Pro Status membership tier for the first six months.
- 2% earned in perks value on purchases made at Giant Eagle and Market District, and inside GetGo. This is in addition to the perks myPerks Pay Rewards Visa Card holders earn by scanning their advantage card when shopping at the company’s locations.
- 3% earned in perks value on qualifying dining purchases
- 1% earned in perks value on all other qualifying purchases.
All benefits earned can be redeemed on future purchases of food and fuel through the myPerks loyalty program.
“We are proud to partner with FNBO and Visa to further evolve our myPerks loyalty program and are excited to provide even more savings opportunities to customers at a time when family budgets are strained by inflation and other constraints,” said Giant Eagle pokesperson, Jannah Jablonowski. “The new myPerks Pay Rewards Visa Card enables customers to earn perks on their everyday purchases to redeem for discounts at Giant Eagle and Market District, and inside GetGo. We are confident the new myPerks Pay Rewards Visa Card will help customers realize meaningful value as they earn rewards more quickly and become more engaged with the benefits of our myPerks loyalty program.”
“FNBO is thrilled to launch this card with Giant Eagle, a company with a remarkable century-long legacy whose core values closely resonate with our own,” said Jerry O’Flanagan, executive VP at FNBO. “For more than 165 years, FNBO has maintained its commitment to helping to build strong communities. With more than 470 stores across Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, and Maryland, Giant Eagle is the perfect partner to work with in keeping and building upon that promise.”
Eligibility requires a new or existing Giant Eagle myPerks account and is subject to the credit card approval process. Rewards are converted to myPerks perks rewards, and 50 perks are equivalent to $1 in redemption value.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh and founded in 1931, Giant Eagle Inc. operates more than 470 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana.