Pat Patar Bora, extra generally known as Pat Pata Bhaja, is a delicacy that’s unique to the monsoon season in Bengal. It’s ready with recent jute leaves, a vegetable that’s solely accessible in the course of the monsoon months. This fritter is a favourite amongst the locals, who savor its distinctive style and texture that may solely be achieved when cooked with jute leaves.
The preparation of Pat Patar Bora is kind of easy, however the finish result’s a crunchy and flavorful deal with that’s certain to tantalize your style buds. Pat Pata Bhaja is a well-liked snack in Bengal, particularly in the course of the monsoon months, and is a good way to have fun the start of the rains with sizzling tea or espresso. I like it with a easy Dal Bhat meal.
Jute Leaves – as a part of Bengali Cooking
One assumption about Bengali delicacies is that we solely eat Mach Bhat. This assumption is way from the reality, as there are such a lot of extra choices for vegetarian delicacies and even vegan dishes which are native to Bengali delicacies. Take Jute Leaves for instance. We cook dinner stew, fritters, and mishmash utilizing these leaves, all of that are extremely scrumptious and flavorful.
Not solely that, however jute leaves are additionally extremely nutritious, as they’re full of dietary fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals.
Jute leaves are a staple in my dwelling, particularly within the wet season, and I typically use them in quite a lot of dishes. From Pater Bora to Pat Shaker Shorshori. The following time you need to attempt one thing past Macher Jhol or Mangshor Jhol or Shukto or Chanar Dalna in Bengali delicacies, I extremely advocate giving jute leaves a attempt. You will not be dissatisfied!
Different Pat Shak Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
I’ve already written in my Pat Shaker Jhol recipe that I for the primary time tasted Pat Pata at my in-law’s place in Birbhum. It was a very distinctive expertise, because the flavors of the dish had been not like something I had ever tasted earlier than.
Mehebub loves jute leaves cooked both as Pat shaker Jhol, Pater Bora, or Pat Shaker Shorshori. Upon savoring the dish, I used to be instantly enamored with the flavors and aromas, and it wasn’t lengthy earlier than I additionally developed a liking for the seasonal jute leaves.
- Jute leaves / Pat Pata (see video on how you can use it)
- Baking Soda
- Gram Flour/ Besan/ Byason
- Rice Flour
- Turmeric Powder
- Nigella Seed/ Kalojire/ Kalonji
- Crimson Chili Powder
- Baking Soda
- Mustard Oil
- Vegetable Oil
See the recipe card for portions.
Directions – on how you can make Pat Patar Bora
The preparation of Pat Patar Bora is kind of a simple activity, however the final result is a pleasant and flavorful snack. We use recent jute leaves and gently dip them within the do-it-yourself batter that’s ready besan combined with quite a lot of spices. After that, the leaves are deep-fried till they change into golden brown and crispy.
The looks of Pat Pata Bhaja, nevertheless, can range relying on who prepares it. Some individuals want to take a couple of jute leaves and make a bokeh form, dipping it within the batter to offer it a visually interesting look. Others simply fry a single leaf after dipping it within the batter. Irrespective of which technique you’re utilizing, the ultimate product is a pleasant and scrumptious snack that’s certain to fulfill the style buds of all those that attempt it!
- Mustard Oil – as an alternative of mustard oil use vegetable oil to make the fritters
- Gluten-free – Skip rice flour to make the fritters gluten-free.
- Spicy – add chili pepper flakes in extra whereas making the batter.
- Low- Calorie – as an alternative of deep-frying the fritters, use an air fryer to make these to chop the oil!
- Child-friendly – go low on the spices in case you are to serve the fritters to children and if they don’t take pleasure in spice a lot. Serve the fritters with a bit of ketchup to see their smile!
There’s nothing particular you want when it comes to utensils to make easy pat pata bhaja. All you want is a Kadhai, a perforated ladle, a bowl to make the batter, a chopping board, and likewise a very good knife! You may test the video I’ve shared under to see the straightforward utensils I’ve used whereas making the scrumptious fritters.
You should purchase the Jute Greens a day forward of time and retailer them within the fridge after totally washing them and draining the water. It will assist make sure that they keep recent till you’re prepared to make use of them. You may as well make the batter for the fritters beforehand to avoid wasting time. Nonetheless, for the fritters, you have to make them and have them sizzling proper while you want them!
Pat Patar Bora is finest served sizzling and crunchy. So you will need to guarantee that you’re frying the jute leaves fritters on the final minute. It’s essential to serve the Pat Patar Pakora as quickly as doable to benefit from the full taste and crunch.
Regularly Requested Questions
Jute leaves are a terrific supply of dietary fiber, nutritional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They’re additionally identified to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Oh sure, you’ll be able to!
Jute leaves are extraordinarily versatile. In Bengali Delicacies we use Pat Pata in quite a lot of dishes, from soups and curries to salads and stir-fries, and fritters. So be sure to make the most of the abundance of jute leaves in the course of the monsoon season to create some scrumptious and nutritious meals!
Sure. Going by the substances we use in making the fritters with recent jute leaves, makes the crunchy and flavorful signature Bengali delicacy Pat Patar Bora Vegan.
In search of different recipes like this? Strive these:
The mix of Pat Patar Bora and Pat Shaker Jhol rounded out with steamed rice to make an extremely comforting and scrumptious platter. The flavors of the 2 dishes complement one another completely, with the subtleness of the jhol and the spiciness of the fritter making a chic steadiness. The Jute Leaves Fritter itself is extremely flavorful, and the jhol has a novel and earthy style that’s fairly distinctive. Collectively, the 2 dishes make an incredible consolation platter that’s certain to fulfill even probably the most discerning palate.
Pat Patar Bora aka Paat Shaker Bora is an ideal accompaniment to a cup of sizzling tea or espresso. You may take pleasure in it as a snack any time of the day.
Bengali Pat Patar Bora | Pat Pata Bhaja Recipe | Bengali Jute Leaves Fritter
Pat Patar Bora, extra generally often called Pat Pata Bhaja, is a scrumptious and distinctive Bengali fritter that’s ready with recent jute leaves. This delectable snack is vegan, making it a terrific choice for these with dietary restrictions. The jute leaves used on this recipe are seasonal, so it’s best to make the most of them when they’re accessible.
To make the batter
- To make Pat Shaker bora, you have to separate a small bunch of Jute leaves with a stem; every bunch will flip into crispy jute leaves fritter. Every bunch may have 5-6 leaves. Please test the video to grasp this.
- Test all of the bunches for previous leaves or impurities and discard these.
- Take a bowl filled with water and blend ½ Tsp. Baking soda.
- Soak the jute leaves bunches for 10 minutes on this water.
- After 10 minutes wash every bunch 2-3 instances and pressure water.
- I counsel you test the video to grasp how you can coat the leaves bunches with the batter.
- Take the Gram flour in a bowl.
- Add Rice Flour adopted by Baking Soda.
- Now add Turmeric Powder, Crimson Chili Powder, Salt, and Nigella Seeds as effectively.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. Mustard oil adopted by ¼ cup water to the batter.
- Use a whisk and mix to make a clean batter.
- Add a bit of water if wanted; the batter ought to neither be thick nor skinny.
- Go away the batter for quarter-hour earlier than making the fritters.
- In the meantime, warmth the oil in a pan.
- Whereas the oil is heating, coat a bunch of jute leaves with the batter.
- Now begin frying the Jute leaves fritters in sizzling oil.
- You may fry 2-3 fritters at one go relying on the diameter of the pan.
- Fry both sides for 1 minute or until the fritters flip crunchy.
- Pressure from the oil as soon as correctly fried.
- Fry remaining fritters following the identical course of and serve Pat Pata Bora sizzling together with rice and daal or with sizzling tea or espresso.
- You may although make fritters with a single leaf, nevertheless, a fritter with a bunch of leaves tastes and appears higher.
- I do not use the thick batter to coat the leaves; as an alternative, I take advantage of a semi-thick batter in order that the fritters are dominated by the flavors of jute however not gram flower.
- Prep Time: 10
- Ready Time: 15
- Cook dinner Time: 10
- Class: Fritter
- Technique: Frying
- Delicacies: Bengali
- Serving Measurement: 35g
- Energy: 186
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 213mg
- Fats: 16g
- Saturated Fats: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0mg
Key phrases: Pat Patar Bora recipe, Paat Shaker Bora recipe, Paat pata bhaja Recipe, Jute leaves fritter recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Pat Shak or Jute leaves are fairly considerable in the course of the monsoon season. It’s best to select or buy recent and younger jute leaves, ideally in small bunches. It’s essential to make sure that the leaves are in good situation, with no tears or holes. If you’re shopping for them from the market, be sure to test the standard of the leaves. You will see that the recent jute leaves ought to have a pleasing aroma and needs to be freed from any blemishes. Cooking with recent jute leaves may give your dish a novel taste and texture.
Pat Patar Bora | Pat Shaker Bora Recipe | Bengali Jute Leaves Fritter Recipe Video
Let’s join over Bengali Pat Patar Bora Recipe
I’d like to see an image in case you are making the prawns following my recipe. You may share right here at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should utilize my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it by way of Instagram as effectively. and as well as, you’ll be able to tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Pat Patar Bora aka Pat Pata Bhaja aka Jute leaves Fritter Recipe Pin for You